Thursday, August 29, 2013

Like the stories? Here's one more!

The "Subtract the Pants" story:

A young man comes home from college and says to his father "  Papa, you've helped me all my life and now I want to help you.  You sent me to Harvard and I just got my MBA, thank you very much just incase I haven't said it before.  I'm studying for my CPA Licence now and I'd like to help you by taking a look at your books if that's okay?"  The father wipes his eyes to hide his tears. " Zuch a good Zon I have!   How many childrenk vould vant to help da family now days?   Of course you can look over Da books Bubala! Dank you!"

So the young man takes his fathers hand and follows him down into the basement. They walk to a big black door and his father opens it and turns on the light.  The son's jaw his the floor. Inside the room are literally hundred of shoe boxes filled with receipts . Some don't even have tops on the boxes.  The son composes himself after a few minutes looks at his father and says" Gott in Hemel Popa! THESE are your books?  How do you even know if you turned a profit?

The father smiles a wise smile and with a twinkle in his eyes says " Zon its very zimple. Ven I got to dis gountry I had nothing but a spare pair of pants with me and nothing I could offer to anyone . I met your ma and we started the business and got married. Now we have twenty stores instead of just one , your sister got a PHD in creative writing und is now a State Poet Laureate and just married a doctor. You just graduated from Harvard and are studying for your CPA Licence. both you and your sister are still driving the 2013 Toyota Lexuses we bought for your birthdays last month, paying in cash for both. Now your job is very easy as I see it Zon. All you have to do is add up the shtuff I just mentioned, SUBTRACT THE PANTS and ANYTHING LEFT OVER IS PROFIT! "

I've BEEN FOLLOWING THIS BUSINESS THEORY IN MY OWN AFFAIRS FOR 40 YEARS  NOW. IT STILL SEEMS TO BE WORKING! WELL, AT LEAST I THINK SO.

See you next time!  And don't forget to check out guest poet Lynelle P's post on my events calendar blog at http://poeticconversations.blogspot.com  and my web site at http://www.skysajeenterprise.com

No comments:

Post a Comment